Certification in the medical-surgical nursing specialty shows that you have taken the extra step to validate your knowledge and skills. Take the time to show your colleagues and patients your commitment to excellence in medical-surgical nursing practice.
You can earn your Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN®) credential through our affiliated certifying board, the Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Board (MSNCB).
Benefits of Becoming Certified:
- Promotion of quality patient care
- Evaluation of the standards of medical-surgical nursing practice
- Documentation of this specialized knowledge base
- Peer recognition
- Increased self esteem and satisfaction
- Advocacy for the specialty of medical-surgical nursing
There is a Difference!
Academy Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN) only endorses the Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN®) credential which recognizes that the highest standards of medical-surgical nursing practice have been achieved.
- Read the AMSN Position Statement on Medical-Surgical Certification.
- CMSRN v. RN-BC: What’s the Difference?
Additional Certification and Recertification Information:
You can become CMSRN certified by successfully completing the exam.
CMSRNs can maintain their certification through continuing education.
How AMSN Can Help You
- Join AMSN for discounts on exam and recertification costs and savings on AMSN review materials.
- Attend an AMSN Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Review Course.
- Prepare with AMSN study books and media.