To provide financial assistance for a member(s) of the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN) to further his/her education: LPN to RN, RN to BSN, RN to MSN, or MSN to Doctorate.
To apply for a Career Mobility Scholarship the criteria are as follows:
- Applicant must be a member of AMSN for one (1) year by application date.
- Scholarship recipient:
- May not win the Career Mobility Scholarship in consecutive years.
- May win one (1) grant or scholarship per year.
- Will be expected to share how this scholarship has advanced his/her professional practice.
- Current members of the Board of Directors of AMSN, Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Board, Scholarship & Awards Committee, and AMSN staff are not eligible to apply for the Career Mobility Scholarship.
- Upon notification or being a scholarship recipient, applicant must supply proof of enrollment at an accredited college or university.
Application submissions for the Career Mobility Scholarship are closed.
Applications for Career Mobility Scholarships must be received in the AMSN National Office by March 31 annually, and applicants are notified by June 20. Submissions received after the application deadline will not be considered.