AMSN Legislative Activities and Endorsements
AMSN is here to help you develop your advocacy voice, whether at the unit, hospital, local, state or federal level! AMSN shares your vision as your partner in advocacy.
May 4, 2023 - Letter to Senators Brown and Collins, and Representatives Walberg and Courtney surrounding the Improving Access to Workers' Compensation for Injured Federal Workers Act (S. 131/H.R.618). View the Letter.
April 26, 2023 - Press release surrounding the reintroduction of legislation that promotes health equity and access to care. View the Press Release.
April 20, 2023 - A blueprint for connecting students to health careers, health professionals to rural and under-resourced communities, and communities to better health. View the Brochure.
April 4, 2023 - Written testimony from the Nursing Community Coalition to the U.S. Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, and Related Agencies. View the Letter.
March 23, 2023 - Written testimony from the Nursing Community Coalition to the U.S. House Appropriations Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services and Education. View the Letter.
March 20, 2023 - Letter to the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee from the Nursing Community Coalition on efforts to address health care workforce needs and provide solutions to support current and future nurses. View the Letter.
March 9, 2023 – Nursing Community Coalition letter in support for the continuation of the impactful actions to patient access to care during the Public Health Emergency (PHE) through various waivers and regulatory efforts, including but not limited to telehealth. View the NCC_Waiver Request Letter.
March 8, 2023 – Letter in support of Fiscal Year 2024 funding for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), which supports research to improve health care quality, reduce costs, advance patient safety, decrease medical errors, and broaden access to essential services. View FY2024 Friends of AHRQ Appropriations Request.
March 6, 2023 – Letter in support of Fiscal Year 2024 funding for the Nursing Workforce Development Programs and the National Institute of Nursing Research. View NCC FY 2024 Title VIII and NINR Request.
- March 3, 2023 – 118th Congressional Session advocacy brochure in support of the Nursing Community Coalition’s annual funding requests for the Nursing Workforce Development Programs and the National Institute of Nursing Research. View the brochure.
- December 21, 2022 – Letter in support of introducing the National Nursing Workforce Center Act of 2022 (H.R.8817/S.4844). The bill, like the National Nursing Workforce Center Act of 2022, is significant to understanding the needs of the profession and the communities they serve. Letter in support of introducing the National Nursing Workforce Center Act of 2022 (H.R.8817/S.4844).
- December 6, 2022 – Letter in support of the comprehensive bill that helps remove outdated barriers that prevent APRNs from practicing to the full extent of their education and clinical training. ANA Sign-on Letter in Support of H.R. 8812, The Improving Care and Access to Nurses (ICAN) Act.
- November 18 – The bill letter urges the passage of the Workplace Violence Prevention for Health Care and Social Service Worker Act. NCC Letter Supporting Passage of Workplace Violence Prevention Act and Workplace Violence Prevention.
- November 15, 2022 - Letters to support the funding levels that advanced out of the House Appropriations Committee of at least $324.472 million for Nursing Workforce Development Programs (Title VIII of the Public Health Service Act [42 U.S.C. 296 et seq.]) and at least $208.571 million for the National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR, National Institutes of Health) in Fiscal Year (FY) 2023. NCC FY 2023 Title VIII and NINR Omnibus Requests and NCC FY 2023 Title VIII and NINR Updated Request.
- September 14, 2022 – ANA letter requesting CMS to ensure staffing levels are established and maintained in our nation’s hospitals. ANA Letter to Center for Medicare & Medicate Services on Staffing 2022.09.14 FINAL.
- May 13, 2022 – The legislation would advance health equity and access to care for minority communities by requiring the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation to work with experts to consider health disparities when developing payment models. Senator Booker Letter.
- April 8, 2022 – Thank you letter to Rep. Sewell for sponsoring the John Lewis Equality in Medicare and Medicaid Treatment Act. Rep Sewell Letter.