Medical-Surgical Nurses Week
Medical-Surgical Nurses Week is Your Special Time to Shine
Each year, AMSN designates November 1-7 to celebrate medical-surgical nurses just like you.
Help your facility and community recognize your compassion, connection, and commitment to your patients and their families with the resources below for your Medical-Surgical Nurses Week celebrations!
This year, be sure to use the hashtag #MSNW20 so we can find your posts, and share your med-surg pride!
Ideas for Celebrating at Your Facility
These are a few of our suggestions, we hope they inspire more ideas from you.
- Purchase "I love med-surg nursing" merchandise for your nurses at the AMSN Store.
- Bring in meals for your nurses as a treat during their shift.
- Post celebratory signs in your med-surg unit.
- Print and distribute certificates recognizing the contributions your nurses make every day.
- Surprise your nurses with AMSN membership, nothing says thank you than free education.
Talking About Medical-Surgical Nursing with the Media
When someone asks how medical-surgical nurses make a difference, remind them that we:
- Improve patient care through evidence-based practice.
- Advocate for patients and families at the local and national levels.
- Serve their communities through care and education.
- Build the profession of nursing and the medical-surgical nursing specialty.
- Promote medical-surgical nursing certification, resulting in better and safer health care.
- Speak, write, and conduct research to inspire and educate others.
- Mentor and nurture each other.
- Use #MSNW20
Ideas for Celebrating in Your Community
Spread the word!
- Post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and use the hashtag #MSNW20!
- (We hold contests throughout the week based on who's sharing on social media!)
- Submit an article about medical-surgical nursing to your facility newsletter before Medical-Surgical Nurses Week or contact your local newspaper.
- Invite local or state legislators to tour your facility during the week so they better understand the role of medical-surgical nurses.