Medtronic - An AMSN Premier Partner
Commitment. Education. Patient Safety.
A proud supporter of the med-surg nursing community
As a proud Premier Partner of AMSN, we are excited to provide med-surg nurses with solutions, innovation, and practical alternatives, with a focus on time-saving products that give time BACK to the nurse. On this page you'll find just some of the webinars, we are happy to bring to med-surg nurses to help enhance your practice environment experience.
Read the blog highlighting the AMSN and Medtronic partnership.
Medtronic's Top 5 PACE (Professional Affairs and Clinical Education) Courses
- Respiratory Compromise Curriculum
- Respiratory Compromise: Use of Capnography in the Post-Operative and General Care Settings
- The PRODIGY Study and The PRODIGY Risk Prediction Tool
- A Practical Solution to Reduce OIRD by Implementation of Continuous Capnography at the Bedside
- The Prodigy Study & The Prodigy Risk Prediction Tool: First Step Toward Improving Outcomes and Reducing Costs
Read the Article About Medtronic in MEDSURG Nursing: Official Journal of the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses
(To read the article below, you may need to login to your AMSN profile to access.)
COVID Resources from AMSN Premier Partner Medtronic:
- Enhanced Respiratory Monitoring Solutions with SCCM Guidelines
- View Respiratory Monitoring Solutions Video
Medtronic Webinar Wednesdays
Experience a robust curriculum to expand your knowledge of a series of clinical technologies including capnography, brain monitoring, ventilation, remote patient monitoring; esophageal and gastric diseases, chronic and colorectal diseases, hepatopancreatic biliary diseases, and lung health.
Several times per month we welcome guest speakers and subject matter experts who share insights and best practices across a variety of respiratory and gastroenterology-hepatology topics, including capnography, brain monitoring, ventilation, remote patient monitoring; esophageal and gastric diseases, chronic and colorectal diseases, hepatopancreatic biliary diseases, and lung health.
PRODIGY is a Medtronic-sponsored, prospective, multi-center, international cohort study to identify patients at risk of opioid-induced respiratory depression (OIRD), a potentially life-threatening form of respiratory compromise. The PRODIGY study found a 46 percent incidence of respiratory depression in patients on the GCF receiving parenteral opioids.
- Watch the Video: Addressing Respiratory Compromise: The Prodigy Study
- Listen to the Podcast: AMSN Med-Surg Moments Podcast on the Prodigy Study
- View the Infographic: Learn About The Prodigy Study
- Download the Tool: The Prodigy Risk Prevention Tool
Reclaim Your Time Where You Practice
Focusing on your patients is what you do best. But mounting demands on your time can heighten stress and put patient safety at risk. It’s time you got your time back.
FROM MINUTES WASTED TO MINUTES SAVED
Patients call from opposite ends of the floor. Alarms ring constantly. Computer delays interrupt workflows.
These daily realities can result in frequent interruptions — an average of 46.3 interruptions per shift — and waste up to 10 percent of a clinician's time. See how clinicians are managing their growing challenges.
FEWER INTERRUPTIONS, BETTER INTERVENTIONS
Making alarms smarter is not just about reducing false alerts, but also about improving patient outcomes. That’s why clinicians are seeking new ways to optimize alarms — including customizing parameters and using data algorithms.
Here’s why: After implementing automated vital signs monitors at 12 general wards, one study found a 13 percent increase in survival rate.
- Watch the video: Reclaiming Time on the Med-Surg Nursing Floor
- Visit here to learn more about smarter alarms, communications, spaces and charting, so you can save valuable time on the floor.